A five-year development programme has resulted in more than 60 accessories being specifically developed for the new HiLux, including airbag-compatible bullbars that maintain the vehicle’s expected five-star safety rating, plus an industry pack to meet the requirements of mining, construction and other industrial users that adds LED work lamps, light bar, mining flag, wheel chocks, reflective stripes, wheel nut indicators, handbrake alert, various tray accessories and prewiring for an in-vehicle monitoring system.
Other new arrivals include a snorkel developed with advanced technology to ensure optimum air flow, two types of tool boxes and a bed slide on rollers for easy access to items in the ute body.
The expanded Toyota Genuine range also includes redesigned regulars for leisure and work-related activities, including a towbar and load distribution hitch that support the uprated maximum towing capacity for new HiLux of 3.5 tonnes*.
Additional items in the industry pack include:
• Steel tray – newly developed with standard storage/tool box, window protector and mounts for a light bar and flag as well as optional slide-out step, grab rail, quick-release ladder rack, tie-down rings and mounts for a fire extinguisher and spare tyre.
• Commercial steel bull bar – more affordable while maintaining functionality.
• Battery terminal and accessory fuse box – reduced clutter with a single point of access for any accessory requiring power from the vehicle’s battery; 10 separate fuses and a combined output of up to 50 Amps; added fire protection and tested for electrical safety as well as resistance to water, heat and harsh chemicals (standard on 4×4 and Hi-Rider).
• Auxiliary battery kit – allows up to 50 Amps of current to be drawn safely without draining the main battery; vibration, shock and temperature tested; on-board intelligent charger provides safe three-stage charging. • Battery Isolator Switch – allows easy disconnection of the battery. The integrated design has been tested to meet Toyota’s stringent safety standards.
Other Toyota Genuine accessories expected to be popular include:
• Snorkel – development focused on achieving superior design providing optimal airflow to maintain engine performance.
• Bed slide – for easy access to items in the HiLux ute body. It features a non-slip surface, tie-downs, smooth-rolling rails and an easy-release mechanism with clutch for operating on an incline. Available with side walls, it is rated to 250kg load-carrying capacity.
• Hard tonneau cover – additional security and protection from the elements; dual-skin construction tested for strength, durability and provides dust and water protection; includes lighting, single-handed latch and is available with central locking.
• Soft tonneau cover – attaches with a fuss-free clip system and can be fitted without the need to drill into external body panels.
• Nudge bar – stainless steel tubing; tested in conjunction with the vehicle to ensure correct deployment of airbags in the event of an accident; incorporates an underbody protection plate.
• Ute liner – one-piece heavy duty construction tailor-made for HiLux wraps over the wheel arches and integrates with the vehicle header board. A tailgate liner is also available.
• Canvas seat covers – tough and durable, fully compatible with seat airbags, seatbelt buckles and ISOFIX anchorage points. Tested for resistance to abrasion, pilling, fading and heat ageing, they are easily removed for cleaning. The range also includes familiar items such as bonnet and headlamp protectors, rear park assist sensors, side steps and roof racks.